What is online counseling or telehealth?
Landmark Therapy offers complete online counseling in Michigan as an alternative to face-to-face counseling. Telehealth is the provision of professional mental health counseling services through the Internet.
Is Online Counseling Right For You?
We offer online counseling in Michigan as an alternative to face-to-face counseling in our office because we am committed to increasing access to our therapeutic services. We also believe online counseling offers a solution to some of the barriers to health care that people experience. People who have chosen to use online counseling services have received some of the following benefits:
- Travel time is eliminated from the equation as well as filling out paperwork in a waiting room
- Individual sessions can be conducted from the privacy of your own home
- Those who live in such areas simply might not have access to any other form of mental health treatment because there are no mental health practices in their geographic area.
- Individuals who are unable to leave their home for various reasons may find online therapy a useful alternative to traditional psychotherapy settings.
- Online therapy is usually fairly affordable and convenient.
- Since you will be attending therapy sessions online in the comfort of your own home, you can often schedule your therapy sessions for times that are the most convenient for you.
Even if you do not see your particular barrier to care listed above, online therapy still may be a useful method for you. We provide services to every city in Michigan. If you have questions, feel free to reach out for a free 15-minute phone or video consultation to discuss whether online counseling will meet your counseling needs.
I am happy to walk you through what to expect and help you assess whether teletherapy would meet your particular needs. If not, I will gladly see you face-to-face, or assist you in finding an in-person therapist in your area who may better serve you.
How Does Online Counseling in Michigan Work?
Landmark Therapy uses a HIPAA compliant video platform specifically designed for online counseling in Michigan. The platform allows you to securely meet with your counselor online through video conferencing, text chat, and share documents. Online counseling sessions will be initiated by sending you a request to your email. By accepting the request, you will then have access to the program.
Contact Us Today to Book an Appointment!