Online Counseling in Troy, Michigan
If you find yourself struggling to cope with the challenges life brings, Landmark Therapy is here to support you! We recognize that everyone experiences unique obstacles along their journey through life.
At times you may feel overwhelmed or require extra support to move past roadblocks healthily. Still, in our busy lives, it can be challenging to make time to get help. Virtual counseling in Troy is available as a flexible yet effective alternative to traditional therapy.
Benefits of online counseling in Troy
Virtual counseling offers clients a host of advantages. The following are just a few ways teletherapy can benefit you.
Getting out is challenging. If you are at high risk for health complications, have a physical disability, or don’t have a babysitter, online counseling can simplify your life.
No commuting. If you lack time for the commute, don’t want to deal with traffic, or don’t have transportation, that is no longer a problem.
Save money. Eliminate the cost of transportation and fuel.
Privacy. If you worry about running into someone you know when you go to therapy, online counseling prevents that possibility.
How to choose an online counseling provider
There are several factors to consider in choosing a telehealth counselor. So keep the following in mind when selecting an online counselor.
- Make sure the therapist you’ll meet online is licensed. This will ensure you receive safe, evidence-based treatment.
- Also, double-check that the psychotherapist is licensed in the same state in which you reside. Each state has it’s own criteria for the licensing of mental health care professionals. For that reason, practitioners may only practice within the state(s) in which they are licensed. This is true even for virtual therapy.
- Is the website or app your therapist uses for counseling sessions secure and HIPAA compliant? It should have measures that verify both yours and your therapist’s identity for your privacy and protection.
- If you plan to use your insurance to cover part or all of your therapy sessions, check with both the therapist and your insurance company to determine your costs and coverage for virtual therapy sessions. In the past, many insurance plans did not cover online counseling. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this has changed with many insurance companies, but not all.
Landmark Therapy’s telehealth counseling can help
Our psychotherapists are trained to guide you through online counseling in Troy from the comfort of your home or other convenient location. Counselors can work with you virtually to:
- work through conflict in your relationship
- address substance abuse or addiction
- understand and manage disorders such as anxiety or depression
- adapt to a life transition
- process and engage with anything affecting your physical, mental, or emotional well-being
Troy Teletherapy Services
Online counseling in Troy offers a variety of services, including:
- Individual therapy: You will work one-on-one with a nurturing and skilled therapist to confront and manage the struggles you face. Our counselors can help you handle a mood disorder, cope with traumatic incidents, process relationship problems, and much more.
- Senior therapy: Troy teletherapy is an excellent option for seniors experiencing aging challenges but who find it difficult to travel to an office for emotional support. Our counselors can help you find happiness and contentment in your golden years, despite any difficult circumstances.
- Teen therapy: Teens face many challenges in their transition to adulthood as they navigate their broadening independence and responsibilities, complex social relationships, choices that will affect their future, and mental, emotional, and physical changes. Virtual counseling in Troy works exceptionally well for teens who are resistant to attending sessions in person and feel more comfortable using technology to communicate.
Change is Possible
When dealing with significant disruption in your life, the therapists at Landmark Therapy are available in your time of need. Our therapists can work with you through telehealth counseling to fit more conveniently with your situation and schedule.
Our Counseling Center in Troy Accepts Most Insurance and Self-Pay
At Landmark Therapy, we accept most healthcare plans for online counseling in Troy. See a complete list of our accepted insurances. We also take self-pay clients without insurance.
Convenient virtual counseling in Troy
We offer online counseling in Troy to fit more easily into your life and schedule. You can remain in the safety and comfort of your home while still receiving quality service from a licensed and compassionate therapist.
If you are ready to start the work toward a better future, contact Landmark Therapy today!
Contact Us Today to Book an Appointment!